Students write different types of essays and some of them may induce some difficulties. Though a personal essay seems to be quite easy piece, it still may give students some trouble. Not all of them are able to reveal something deeply personal because it may cause them emotional harm. A personal essay is an autobiographical paper, which is written in a conversational manner. It’s also called a personal statement. The story is nonfictional and is told from the perspective of the narrator. The author may tell about his/her own feelings and emotions related to a certain event or person. It’s also possible to tell a story about another person and the feelings the author feels with regard to that person.
As you can see, this task may be a bit complicated for most people. At times, students may simply lack motivation. They may not be shy and maybe even eager to reveal some private stories. Nonetheless, a lack of motivation may become a serious barrier. Therefore, it’s vital to know how to motivate yourself to write personal essays.
Effective Methods to Be Motivated
ENL freelance writers from this essay writing service recommend 10 great methods that will keep you motivated:
- Be positive. To be motivated, you should constantly encourage yourself. Tune on a persistent positive mood. Undertake the hobbies and activities you adore. Spend more time with your closest people, etc.
- Find good reasons. You should clearly realize why you should write a personal essay, as well as other papers. Your goal is to receive high grades and progress. Afterward, you’ll become a great expert in the chosen professional sphere. Constantly remind yourself why and how everything began.
- Set goals. It’s essential to set objectives to know what you’re supposed to reach. Prioritize all the tasks you have. Divide them into logical blocks and always begin with the ones that are more difficult and urgent.
- Make a reasonable schedule. As you set goals, you should take into account at least approximate time to manage them. If you intend to write a personal essay, make an outline. Divide time to choose a topic, compose the introduction, thesis statement, main plot, and conclusion. Set reminders because they will stimulate you.
- Break large tasks into smaller pieces. If you have many other large projects, divide them into smaller stages. Thus, the weight of a big assignment won’t depress you. It’s easier to complete tasks step by step.
- Get organized. Make sure you have the necessary stuff to work. Find a silent place to avoid distractions.
- Track your progress. Always track the way you progress. Each time you see that you’ve advanced, you’d like to continue.
- Compete with your friends. Initiate a friendly competition. Determine the rules about your project and try to win. You’ll surely like the idea of being a winner and so, will motivate yourself to try harder.
- Reward yourself. Don’t forget to pamper yourself. Every time you finish a writing stage, buy something, go on a trip, etc.
- Have some support. If you cannot manage your essay, hire expert academic writers for the most difficult tasks. They manage orders very fast and always meet the demands of their clients.
Useful Guides to Craft a Good Personal Statement
If you struggle with this particular essay, you may need some help. We offer 3 great guides.
- Grammarly.com. This informative blog provides smart tips on how to tackle a personal statement. You will find clear explanations with some examples. Besides, it provides quotations suitable for this paper. It also provides grammar tips and other helpful guides.
- WikiHow.com. It’s a famous resource, which offers guides on different academic assignments. Thus, it offers tips to compose a personal essay too. The guide consists of 3 major sections, which are divided into subsections with clear examples and clarifications.
- Thoughtco.com. It’s another useful guide, which provides effective tips to cope with this captivating assignment. You’ll find great tips with clear explanations. Moreover, this resource provides a great variety of other guides. Thus, you’ll learn important facts to manage other essays.
Common Mistakes in Personal Essays
It’s also essential to know some mistakes, which are commonly made by students while they write personal essays. These are:
- Lack of flow. Oftentimes, students jump from one event to another without any transition. You ought to make logical connections in your story to make it reasonable and readable.
- Writing too long. Some writers use too long sentences. It’s a big drawback because lengthy sentences make it hard to read. A reader may forget what was in the beginning or simply lose interest.
- Not sharing personal. Some folks forget that they write a personal essay. Thus, they don’t reveal their true feelings. If you do so, you don’t meet the main demand of the assignment. You must be yourself.
- Skipping revision. If an author doesn’t reread his/her project, he/she risks making a lot of mistakes. As a result, a student loses many important grades.
- No proofs. Some students make a claim but don’t provide proofs. If you don’t prove that some event took place, no one will trust you.
Memorize these mistakes and avoid them. Don’t forget about our tips on how to remain motivated while you write personal essays. Use the information guides we have provided in this article if you have some difficulties with this challenging piece of writing.