For many young people, working with text is the most difficult of all the tasks. This is possible even if a person perfectly expresses thoughts in dialogues, reads a lot. And good English vocabulary base does not help. When you University entrance depends on the personal statement in the essay or it significantly influences the rating, the necessary words are not found. Stupor! What should you write?
Yes. This is hard. But everything is possible if you read at least 10 examples of successful essay examples for university and analyze their advantages. In some of them, the theme was very well chosen. Somewhere it turned out very spectacular ending with the personal conclusions of the author.
Some writers were able to interest the audience in the introductory part. Someone managed to answer the question of millions in his compare or contrast research and gave clear instructions for the right choice. There are many secrets of a good essay, and in fact, there is no single right recipe for a super-text.
A guide to the proper use of samples database
In order to find your strengths in text writing, study the largest database of academic paper examples and re-read each essay example on EssayTopic.net that is close to you on the topic.
1. Make a large list of those texts that you want to read, at least 30 essays.
2. In the second stage of working with essay samples, drop out more than half. Leave topics, which you find good.
3. Read each sample at least twice.
4. Make a list of the moments in texts that you find strong. This will help to create your own bright ideas.
5. Highlight the three best examples as references.
Next, let’s understand how to create your essay, based on good examples that you have already found. First, you need to realize that the main thing is to start the text. Fix all your thoughts on paper. Some tips for writing:
1. You have already read essay examples for university. Just analyze what their advantageous sides are. You need to understand: everyone who sets goals works effectively. In the case of writing a text, the goal is to make a good text that you yourself would add to the list of successful examples.
2. Decide on the concept: argumentative, descriptive, narrative or any other format.
3. Make a short plan of the text: what exactly do you want to express. Just record all thoughts on all these points. You do not need to immediately make a sentence that successfully conveys the idea. It is better to go further than to get stuck at the beginning with a sense of unfinished thoughts. If the right words have not yet appeared in your head on any of the items, move on by the list. Perhaps you just need time or more processed information on the topic.
4. Follow the structure of the essay: Introduction – Body – Conclusion. The text should be started, developed to the required level of information and completed. Do not interrupt it.
5. Show the more mature state of mind, some kind of enlightenment on this topic, insight, a new understanding, a level of maturity. Such texts are always fun to read.
6. Do not copy the example! Express your personal opinion, even if it is different from the stereotype that has developed in society. After all, you already have a certain life experience for many essay topics.
When a university teacher picks up a new paper, what happens next? This work may just be a simple text, like all the rest. What is your weapon? An unusual start. A fascinating first sentence. Surprise, make fun, interest, intrigue, disturb if appropriate. And then your work will definitely be read in one breath. After all, the reader will expect something incredible when he sees such a beginning. And do not skimp on the findings.
The university admissions office does not want to read your life story. They want to feel your character, skills, your goals and your views on life. It represents the value.