Determine the factors influencing people’s attitude and trends towards homeopathic mode of treatment in comparison with allopathic treatment

Saad Ashraf, Hafsa Ashraf, Humza Ashraf


Objective: To determine the factors influencing people’s attitude and trends towards homeopathic mode of treatment.

Methodology: This cross sectional descriptive study was conducted in different homeopathic clinics of districts Multan, Bahawalpur and Lahore in duration of January 2017 to February 2017. Data collection was done by interviewing the patients and patients reply was translated into English and questionare was filled by the researcher himself. Collected data was entered on computer software SPSS version 23 and analyzed frequencies and percentages. Chi square test was applied to see effect modification and calculation of P value (≤ 0.05 significant).

Results: Overall 766 patients were included in this study, both genders. Gender distribution showed that there were 46.6% (n=357) males and 53.4% (n=409) females. In our study, it was observed that 86.3% (n=661) patients preferred homeopathy while 13.7% (n=105) patients preferred allopathic. It was noted that, out of 100% (n=766) patients, 31.6% (n=242) patients used homeopathic at the first time. 94.1% (n=721) patients said that homoeopathic treatment cured the disease.60.4% (n=463) patients’ entire family uses homeopathic treatment. 63.3% (n=485) patients were using any allopathic medicine simultaneously. It was found 13.7% study respondents preferred allopathic treatment and remaining 86.3% preferred homeopathic treatment.  Conclusion: Homeopathic mode treatment was preferred in Bahawalpur and its periphery.

Keywords: Attitude, Homeopathy, Allopathy.

Full Text: PDF
Download the IISTE publication guideline!

To list your conference here. Please contact the administrator of this platform.

Paper submission email:

ISSN 2422-8427

Please add our address "" into your email contact list.

This journal follows ISO 9001 management standard and licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.

Copyright ©