Effects of School Organizational Climate and Teaching Quality on Student Learning Achievement in North Ende District, Eastern Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia

Kristianus J. Tute, Ariswan Usman Aje, Lely Suryani


The problem underlying the implementation of this research was related to the assumption that the decreasing student achievement in North Ende District, Ende Regency, East Nusa Tenggara Province, Indonesia, was caused by the less professional School Organizational Climate and Teaching Quality. This research used a survey method with a quantitative approach. The sampling was done randomly, involving 107 teachers from the total population of 160 teachers and 107 students from the total population of 350 students. Data were collected through the instruments of Likert-scale questionnaires and the lists of high school students’ scores in the fourth and fifth semesters of 2017/ 2018 academic year. Data analysis was conducted using Pearson-Product Moment Correlation and Multiple Regression. The variables in this research included two independent variables, namely school organizational climate (Variable X1) and teaching quality (Variable X2), and one dependent variable, namely student learning achievement (Variable Y) in North Ende District. The analysis results of this research showed that the School Organizational Climate variable (X1) had a positive and significant effect of 0.454 (45.5%) on Learning Achievement (Y) and the Teaching Quality variable (X2) had a positive and significant effect of 0.632 (63.2%) on Learning Achievement (Y). Accumulatively, the Student Learning Achievement (Y) in schools were influenced by the Organizational Climate and Teaching Quality of 0.447 (44.7%) while the remaining 55.3% was not the focus of this research. We suggest (1) the principals, teachers, and students establish good relationship each other so as to create a harmonious work climate, (2) the teachers improve teaching quality through education and training, courses and seminars, and (3) the principals provide opportunities for teachers to continue their education to a higher level.

Keywords: School Organizational Climate, Teaching Quality, and Student Learning Achievement

Full Text: PDF
Download the IISTE publication guideline!

To list your conference here. Please contact the administrator of this platform.

Paper submission email: RHSS@iiste.org

ISSN (Paper)2224-5766 ISSN (Online)2225-0484

Please add our address "contact@iiste.org" into your email contact list.

This journal follows ISO 9001 management standard and licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.

Copyright © www.iiste.org